Monday, July 19, 2010

Au Revoir la France...

The three hour drive back to Paris today gave me a chance to gather my thoughts and think about the month we have spent in France. No question, this was a great trip. Not only did I have the chance to participate in a wonderful, stimulating and productive program at the university in Tours, but we were able to visit regions of France that we had not before. Sophie made her first transatlantic flight and is very proud of her travel accomplishments! I am coming home with bags full and then some. A duffel bag full of books and another one full of flyers, brochures and other authentic documents to use in my language classes will provide me with hours of new ideas and materials. The last time I was in France the franc was still the currency, and I now feel more up to date.

At the end of this trip, I now find myself thinking about a subject that was on my mind before I left: citizenship. This will be the first time that we have entered the USA from another country on our current visas. I'm a little anxious to see what happens when we arrive at customs in Cincinnati tomorrow with our Canadian passports.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home again.
    The traveler has to knock
    at every foreign door
    to come to her own,
    and one has to wander
    through all the outer worlds
    to reach the innermost home
    at the end.

    ReplyDelete